Opportunities Career Services Society
Opportunities Career Services is a dynamic career management organization located on the east coast of Vancouver Island in the scenic, ocean-side community of Campbell River, British Columbia. Our programs are available to the residents of Gold River, Tahsis, Sayward Valley, Black Creek, Quadra Island and Cortez Island.
Since 1985 we have been sponsored by a non-profit society and our mission is to promote self-directed career/life management. Opportunities Career Services has been in the business of successfully doing that for twenty-five years.
We believe in an interactive, cooperative team approach, and provide professional, confidential and supportive career management services.
Our goals are:
- To increase our program participants' potential for success and achievement of their career/work goals through individual employment coaching and group workshops.
- To provide short-term, skill development assistance to our participants in the Prime Time for Success and JobOptions programs.
- To prepare our program participants to take advantage of emerging labour market opportunities in our area.
- To assist and support employers in talent recruitment and retention.
We provide our program participants with:
- Psychometric assessments to assist with career decision-making, team building and goal-setting.
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, curricula vitae and portfolios.
- Short term training and skill development
- Workplace Essential Skills assessments to facilitate the development of training plans for skills enhancements